A few non sequiturs from the Red Sox game that I attended with my fiancée and parents on Thursday, April 22, 2010:
- $6.25 is an outrageous price to pay for a Papa Gino’s pizza that’s smaller than the average promotional Frisbee. Next time, I’m gonna try bargaining the guy down to $6.15.
- Kevin Youkilis’s entrance music is “Just a Friend” by Biz Markie. To that I say:
Youuuuuuuuuuk, Youk got what I need.
But Youk say he’s just a friend,
And Youk say he’s just a friend.
Oh baby, Youuuuuuuuuuuuk…
- According to my fiancée, Mike Lowell is the George Clooney of the Boston Red Sox.
I wonder if that makes David Ortiz the Eriq La Salle of the team?
- Fenway Franks are reportedly delicious, but have you ever tried a Lansdowne Larry? Now he goes straight to your thighs!
- Leather-lunged preteens are very amusing the first few times they react to a play with wild abandon. In fact, the amusement lasts almost through the second inning.
- Not that I can name another contender, but Alyssa Milano is undoubtedly the greatest civilian representative that the Boston Red Sox have ever produced.